Re: Pertronix on 6V?

Your battery's cranking power might have something to do with it. Although I'm still using points, getting a new battery that has 700+ CCA versus the old battery with 480 seems to have made a world of difference. Before a

50/50 chance now the car just roars to life. No other changes. Just a thought. - DB
Reply to
DB

Well?

> >Is there any hope of getting it to start properly? > > >1776 street engine on friend's otherwise pristine 6V Oval, >and using Pertronix pointless iginition module.

Easyest way to try is to swap the dist with a points one...

Reply to
Eduardo

They could get fouled again if rich. Maybe just check/change the easy(?) 2 until you find the prob. Is gas good? I just changed spark plug wires but gas bad in Chrysler. Grrrr.

Reply to
DaveF

make it 12v..... get a 12v gen, coil, and bulbs. do it nicely and no one will notice.

Reply to
Jim Buys

Owner wants to keep teh car 100% original, apart from the engine and transmission. Original eng and tranny are stored away and waiting for rebuild. Car needs to remain stock, or any mods we make need to be super easily undone. Granted, a 12V conversion is a breeze as should be the reverse.

Jan

Jim Buys wrote:

Reply to
Jan

ya thats what i was thinking, if you change the motor/gearbox who cares about a 12v battery and a voltage drop on the wiper.

Reply to
Jim Buys