Re: standard offset?

Hey guys. I'm considering upgrading to a 5.5 inch wide wheel. THe

>wheel I'm considering has +20 mm offset. Will this cause interfence? >I read in "how to hotrod volkswagen engines" that a 5.5 or 6" wheel >with "standard offset" will not interfere. What is "standard offset?" > Is it +20 mm? Or is it something else? Thanks!

Check the intro paragraphs to the Brakes & Wheels chapter in your Bentley manual. It will list the offset by year and model.

Alternatively, it will be stamped on your wheel center disk between 2 lug bolts. Look for something like: ET36, which would mean 36mm.

Check all of your wheels, by now they are probably mixed.

-

Jim Adney