Re: VW & Latin America

Right, Mexico is the only producer of the old beetle (bug), however they will stop production for good later this year (in August?).

As far as I know, the only place where they still produce the old beetle

(and the only place where they produce the new beetle, too) is the

Volkswagen plant in Puebla, Mexico. Before they changed the total

production to Mexico, the car was produced in Germany. I didn't know that

there were any Brazil-made beetles... Or at least they did not tell me

that while I was working there as internship.

> btw:
tells you also, what you have to pay for a brandnew old beetle (there it is officially called "sedan"): 76,427.00 or> 77,134.00 pesos, depending on the color. That's some 6.000EUR... What thismeans in your currency: check by yourself on
> Hasta luego, > > Rafael > > Eduardo wrote: > > > > > Where in southamerica... ? in chile, argentina and brasil, expect > > to pay around US$1000 for a decent Brazil-made beetle. Parts are cheap > > but non-engine parts are sometimes unobtainable (front bumpers, for example > > are nowhere to be found since last year). > > > > Best bet for parts are 1978 to 1982 models. You can get a 1300L with > > disk brakes for around US$100 more... > > > > I know in Peru and bolivia there are lots, but dont know prices. Uruguay > > would be simmillar to argentina and Paraguay is a strange country because > > there are huge amount of ilegally imported cars there, so beetles > > probably are scarce.. > > > > German made beetles are double what a brazilian is and parts are scarce, > > except where a brasilian part fits... > > > > North of Peru I dont know :) > > > > >
Reply to
JLSL

There's also other model called "Gol", which is the Golf (rabbit?) body with front mounting aircool engine :-)

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose

My MOTHER, of all the people, called me the other day and said she saw on the news or something that the last ones already rolled out....

Jan

JLSL wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Sort of.... its the same chassis as a Fox with a 5 door body. And it had a 1300 aircooled engine only in the late 70s. It now comes (generation

3 being made today) with a 1.6 liter inline 4...
Reply to
Eduardo