Reaming King Pin Bushings

Does anyone know of a place that sells a reamer to ream out king pin bushings? I was wondering if a 21/32-23/32 adjustable hand reamer with an optional pilot extension from McMaster- Carr would work? It needs to be long enough to center on the opposite bushing to make sure the are perfectly aligned.

Any ideas?

Thank you! Jim snipped-for-privacy@zarwerks.com

Reply to
Jim Bremer

I think that you should still be able to find a reamer for your Type 1. I have one that I may need if it can do Porsche 356s.

dave

One thing to keep in mind is that the "stock" factory reamers from VW used to ream the bushings a little bit too much. An old mechanic showed me how they should be reamed when he let me help redo my car's kingpin/linkpin front end.

Reply to
KWW

I had mine done at NAPA (Roswell, Ga.), & when I put it together it was as loose as it was when I started! All that work & expense for NOTHING - the IDIOTS! Moral is make sure it's done right by someone that knows what they're doing. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny

Reply to
ThaDriver