Rear back seat & cargo area diagram ?

I ordered some carpet to put behind my rear seat and in the cargo area of my 73 super convert - it's kinda bare back there. I use to have a

71 beetle where it had a fold out/slidingout cardboard piece that pulled out when you lowered the back rest - but there is no such thing in my car. I notice a metal lip back there that should hold something? carpet? cardboard? both? Are there any diagrams as to how this arrangement should be. I had someone explain it to me but was hard to follow. did not see any hints in any of my traditional manuals that I have. I just don't get this.

Thanks!

Matt S.

Reply to
MATT S.