Rear Floor Pan pieces

I have just finished completely removing the floorpans on my 1970 Beetle and could do with some advice on the very rear sections. They come included on the floorpans I have purchased, but I am unsure if I need to remove the old ones. The ols ones seem to have been affected by rust but I am not sure how seriouos it is.

I have some pictures on my website :

If anyone gets a chance to have a look and comment I'd be really grateful.

Phil

1970 Type 1
Reply to
Phil Dawson

Your web sire would not come up. But if you have left the rear pcs of the floor pans that attach to the body, thats a good thing they are much stronger(thicker gage) then the aftermarket. Cut the ones off the new pans and this will give you a better fit also. Hope this helps

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks, that's kind of what I figured I should do, but was unsure because the rust has eaten away at the rear sections slightly.

Bit worried the website isn't working... maybe try this instead:

or the direct link to the pictures:

Phil.

Reply to
Phil Dawson

If they have rust - no matter how serious - replace them. It will only come back again.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose