Remove and Replace Front Beam

Has any one R&R'd a front beam themselves? How hard is it to do?

Reply to
srv_mojo

I've done it lots of times. I don't find it to be all that diffucult, but everybodies different. The overall "crustiness" of a front end can get in the way of a somewhat straightforward job though. I'm sure that someone on here has a link to a how-to on doing it if not I'll be happy to go through how I do it, but many people on here have done it as this has been disscused more than a few times here before. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

1 to many times How hard is it to do? its a great task to practice your mechanical ability.

start by removing the gas tank, you need to remove the steering cupler and inner tierods.

support the front on jackstands (near the 2 17mm bolts on the frame head) remove the wheels and speedo cable, it pulls from the back uf the spindel after the clip/wire nows a good time to disconnect the brake lines. then you have 4 19mm bolts holding the beam to the frame head, its heavy so you want to put a jack under it before removing.

someone fill in anything i've forgotten please, you know how it gets its automatic after the first kazillionth time.(my daughters favorite #)

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

In Cases that are on newer vehicles, 74 and up, it's necessary to bend or cut the body pices that are located on the back of the beam to allow the beam to drop out,..............otherwise , you have to remove the body from the chassis.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®