Front beam

Hi all I have my eye on a used front beam that can be lowered. It is a bare beam - no springs, arms, etc. How hard it is to pull the springs out of my old and put them into my(well, potentially mine) new beam? Any other gotchas?

Tia. Remco

Reply to
Remco

You will need to remove the control arms off each end as well as all the tie rods. Remove the two allen bolts from the center of the beam and you should be able to pull the springs out pretty easy. You can look at my site for removal of most of the stuff.

I have a link for How to Rand R the front axle.

Reply to
TerryB

Nice! Thanks, Terry - that's very clear. I'm going ahead with it too.

Reply to
Remco

Glad it helped.

Reply to