removing 73 S.B. glove box

I have a 73 Super Beetle, curved windshield.....I want to remove my glove box so I can modify it to hold my stereo deck until I get one of the fiberglass ones....but reguardless...how do I remove the dang thing? I've looked it over, just I must just be missing something....

Reply to
GusDaDog

Open the trunk & remove the cover for the dash area. You'll see... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

I see a metal "firewall" is a badly made access window and a plastic glovebox inside that..... same question, how do I remove that plastic glove box?

GusDaDog

You can't remove the glovebox of this beetle from the trunk, for the curved window super beetle you have to remove it from inside the car.

To remove the curved windshield super beetle glovebox, you'll have to remove the glovebox door (2 bolts on either side, near the hinges). After that undo the screws on the brim of the glovebox opening, don't exactly know anymore where they were..

Maybe this picture will help:

After the screws are remove, you can pull the glovebox towards you. Oh, and you will have to loossen the cable for the unlocking of the front bonnet. The cable is attached to the glovebox, and you have to remove the glovebox with the entire cable. The cable goes through a hole in the metal behind the glovebox.

Reply to
beetle boy

ahhhhhhh...4 hex screws, 4 phillips, a clip and voila.....nice...thanks!

Reply to
GusDaDog

Hummm... I guess with all the VW's I've worked on over the past 30 years (& there had to have been hundreds), I've never worked on a *curved windshield* SB!!! Unbelievable! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver