glove box liner

Just got a package from eBay seller "firstclassparts" - a glove box liner for my '55 coupe. Unlike the one I got from another vendor, this one is the same material as original, and looks to be pretty close to the right color too (instead of black flocked upholstery board.) I'll see tomorrow if it fits (also unlike the other one...) and post back. Anyway it looks really nice so I'm happy so far.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Could the "other" one be for a sedan?

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I gotr so tired of "stuff" falling out of my '64 CDR box that I made an open-top cardboard box to hold the "stuff" and I just slide it out when I'm after something. I might try to fibreglass one or heat weld plastic to make one mo betta looking, more space efficient and easier to remove from the regulation box. (Or maybe I'll put sides on the existing door and open it only part-way

- Just thought of that, so it might not work.) .

Karl Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
midlant

It's quite possible, do the "ultra-vista" cars have a different shaped glove box?

nate

Grumpy AuC> Could the "other" one be for a sedan?

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yes, one that is very similar to to later Larks etc.

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

eh, that must not be what I got, it is marked "53-55" but it curves out on the outside, like it's supposed to go in a dash with some curve to it.

Anyway, the new repro fits great, and as best I can tell from what's left of the original, the color is a close match too. I'm happy. Now I can close my glovebox door so the inside of my car doesn't look so ghetto. Cost me about $30 + shipping.

nate

(and I didn't lose any of the little clips either!)

Grumpy AuC> Yes, one that is very similar to to later Larks etc.

Reply to
N8N