Rust Spots Under Rear Vents On '73 Beetle

What can I do about the rust spots that have formed under the flow through ventilation vents on my '73 Beetle? I do not want extra new vents there. Thanks!

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

through ventilation vents on my '73 Beetle?

****** If the rust is surface & on the outside you need to sandblast it, metal prep, & prime (I prefer epoxy) & paint. You might be able to use a wire wheel (on a drill or dremel) instead of sandblasting. If there are already holes (rust through) you'll need to weld in new metal. HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

That happene to me!!!! Yep cut it out clean it up. I used Fiberglass cloth with POR 15 not the resin and it worked great. I was afraid to weld there was foam instulation in the wall so I went with the Por and cloth. It has been two years. Check out my car

Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa