San Francisco Mechanics please read...

Hi there,

So I just moved back up to San Francisco from Los Angeles (I grew up here) and I'm in the process of trying to find work. By trade I am a writer and editor and I've worked in marketing and the like since college.

Well, I'm also a VW nut, and although I have no formal professional experience working at an auto shop, I thought I might post a plea for work at a garage. My knowledge and experience are limited to the work I've done on the cars of my friends and family, but I've done a lot, and I know how to do quite a bit, especially with VWs. Basically, I've been working in an office for years, and I would love to work in a garage as an assistant if there's someone out there who needs another pair of hands.

Now, I'm not going to be able to rebuild a tranny or mess around with the more complicated parts of a vehicle, but I am really familiar with the more basic stuff, from an oil change and tune-up to brake jobs and electrical fixes. I've spent a lot of time dealing with the smaller details of the cars I work on. The way I see it, I might save a lot of time for you if you need someone to do the "little" jobs. I learn really fast, and would love to learn as much as possible about auto repair.

In a nutshell, I'm a really hard worker. I take instruction well and you can trust me to communicate well and work in a professional manner. This may seem a little strange, but I just really think I'd be great to have around if you have a busy shop. Please let me know if you are interested in talking to me. Otherwise, thanks for reading all of this. Hope to talk to you soon.

-Matty G

67 Beetle, running 67 Beetle project 98 Jetta w/nervous girlfriend
Reply to
Matty G