seating rings

Can someone explain to me the process of seating the rings in new pistons and cylinders (why it's important, how it's done, etc). I'm trying to chase down an oil leak that I think is due to blowby from new pistons and cylinders. I've checked, and none of the rings were broken, no gouges in the cylinder walls, or anything out of the ordinary. Compression is good (in the neighborhood of

110-120), but there seems to be a lot of blowby coming out of the oil filler.

I've run the engines about 10hrs since rebuild.

I'm thinking something must have gone wrong with the rings, but I sure can't figure out what...

Thanks

Reply to
nospam

Tim Rogers