Smudgepot in right carb

While the engine was out of the Wonderbus a couple of days ago, I peered down into the throat of the right Kadron/Solex carb and noticed that it looked blackened. The left one was clean.

I puzzled over this while I was doing my duties to the engine. Then it occurred to me: the last time the engine was out I installed a hose from the aftermarket oil filler nozzle to the top of the right carb's air cleaner. This as a way of recycling crankcase blow-by emissions.

But I would not be happy, no I would not, if the funky fumes were to clog up my carb, with nasty dirty gunk and glop.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

ilambert

Yer welcome, glad to be of service, etc., etc., and if it doesn't clog up me carb then I'll be pleased to continue to dump that crud into it.