Solex/Brosol H30PICS jet sized help

I am rebuilding my engines carb. That and the generator are now all thats left.

I found this jets: main 120, air 120, idle 47.5. That means its a 1300 carb, right?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Please?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

..................I don't know and apparently no one else here does either. Try asking John Connolly at:

snipped-for-privacy@aircooled.net

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Will. thanks...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Hola Eduardo,

The jet don't make the carb the carb makes the carb, if it says h30/h31 similar specs here

it covers broad range from 1300 through 1500 replacements

if you want a original year and model you would look for a 30pict-N, where n= 1,2,3 depending on exact specs.

there are several article regarding re-jetting a stock carb to fine tune your idle consumption and acceleration impulse. other that discuss the process of modifying an existing jet via drill(widen) or fill with lead solder(narrow) and re-drill. as some jets are actually orifices and do not need aerodynamic spray jet qualities the lead fill and re-tap is presented as a good alternative. Further, several VW shop sell just new jet at 1mm increments..

Happy Motoring and good luck

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

Its not the original, I know... its not even from the engine it came with, its a Brazilian made Brosol/Solex H30PICS

thanks.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

&item=2442047958

1mm increments?? Slight flaw there, eh? Take it you mean 0.10mm..

J.

Reply to
BergRace