Engine not starting, suggestions please.

Ripped engine out of 72 transporter. Installed in 70 transporter, won´t run.

Coil, carb, dist, hoses, fuelpump, all good. There is spark. Points good.

The engine was laying on it´s flywheel for a while, someone suggested to me this caused the engine to get oil on the plugs. Yes, i installed new plugs, but the laying on it´s back happened AFTER that (we tried to slide it under the rear end while the bus was jacked up and placed on 2 spare tires (on each side!)

Anyway, we have fire and fuel, what are we missing? There is plenty compression.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Spark not occurring at the proper moment. Double check that #1 plug wire gets spark when #1 cylinder is *actually* on its firing stroke. Turn engine till the rotor points at #1 plug wire. Then remove valve cover and see if #1 Intake AND Exhaust are closed.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim