Source needed: Doors for 78 Beetle Convertible

Hi group, I'm looking for a source for a pair of doors for my wife's 78 Super Beetle Convertible. They have a tendency to rust out after 25 years of New Orleans weather. I appreciate any leads given.... Thanks, Charles snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Reply to
Ervin Charles

I saw an ad on

for several doors. Not sure if there were any 78s in there. Is that a one-year-only item??

Mark

Reply to
Mark/Anne Gorman

I know it's a nearly useless lead, BUT....WAY UP HERE IN OHIO there is a junk yard with a few bugs. 4 sedans and 3 verts. one is a 74 (vert) and I am not sure if the doors are good or not because I haven't been out in awhile, BUT...the name of the place is New Carlise Autoparts....you can find the number if you're interested.

Nick Long

65 Beetle 66 Beetle (forsale, $400)
Reply to
Nicholas A. Long

If your looking for rust free (or the closest thing to that) I suggest you call Chris (big Chris that is) or his brother john at Chris's VW, (760)

244-3446. They are by far the largest VW only bone yard in the USA and I know for a fact that they have plenty of verts as well as a yard full of doors. I just picked one up for my 72 in ready to sand and paint condition for under a $100. They have a web site at
can email you pictures of the doors before you buy them. The onlyproblem is getting the shipper to deliver them the way they send them. GoodLuck!

Mike

Reply to
Mike