Spare doesn't fit?

On my Ghia the spare doesn't fix. I did replace the bottom section. I welded the repair panel on the inside. Is it that tight of a fit? Maybe my spare is too big? Any thoughts?

Reply to
Mel P.

Keep in mind , Mel,.............The factory sized tire is very narrow on all the original VW stuff back then. I've experienced the same issue and with un-damaged front end.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Reply to
Braukuche

Reply to
KWW

I mounted one of the temporary use tires on a 4x15 vw rim for a spare --- think size is like T125x15. Got it used cheap at a junk yard. Also keep can of fis-a-flat handy.

Reply to
Wolfgang

What size is your spare, and what year is your Ghia?

-

Jim Adney