Split Window for sale

I have an in road to a '50 Splitter - good overall condition, no rust, mechanically sound

What price should I be thinking of offering - I know what he wants but Id like to see what you all might think would be a good $$

Thanks

Reply to
rolledupaces2003

Not enough info. Details mean a lot in the old ones. Every part seems to cost $500 or more , even for simple stuff. (this is exaggeration of course but i know things are pricey.

as just one example

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

ok engine - works 25hp Good tranny no rust pan and body both from 50 Interior probably needs replacing paint is in good shape Clean Fenders are from 1954 Other mechanical things are in working order about 80% original - ie knobs etc

Thats all I know

Reply to
rolledupaces2003

Look at

for comparables. Maybe John Henry will read this and chime in. (Anybody got his web page address?) Or if you just want a quick sale, sell it to me. I have one spot left for a split-window sedan.

Reply to
JJS

So far not quite enough to make a solid number, but you're quickly raising the offer price as described. Little or no rust and working/driveable? is gonna be deep. I'm already guessing in excess of

10k...................in most of the US anyway. As with all the Beetles though........ The sale price will depend on how much one is willing to pay for that example of Beetle. if it's worth it to you, then offer it. Don't go up unless you are willing to pay more. Set your price and stick to it.