Battery size limitations

Does anyone know how tall a battery can be used in a '71 Super Beetle convertible?

I would like to buy one of the new Optima batteries due to heavy demands on my battery from a new audio system.

Thanks, Steve D. '67 VW Bug '71 VW SB conv.

Reply to
Steve D.

Tip for battery , standard size or not.

Get or make yourself a battery cover of some sort. The springs of the rear seat are VERY close to the terminals.

If they touch - get out quickly and call the fire dept!

Rich

Steve D. wrote:

Reply to
tricky

The Optima can be laid on it's side, so that need not be a problem. H

Reply to
Hairy

Never thought of that! Thanks!

Steve D. '67 VW Beetle '71 VW SB conv

Reply to
Steve D.

Make sure you get the deep cycle Yellow one for Audion concerns, the Red ones are start batteries..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Reply to