Sticker Shock, Intro

Well, I just can't stay away from bugs any longer. I have this deep-down need to drive a bug, and I can't ignore it any longer. But, I realize that prices have increased since I last looked. I bought my '63 about 10 years ago for $2100. It was solid and pretty original, too. I realize I'm not going to get perfection for $5000 these days, but I sure long for the good old days, when there was a bug in every parking lot and at least 5 for sale in the newspaper.

Of course, now I'm looking for ovals, and they have always been more expensive (my dream is to own a split, but they are just too rich for my blood). Plus, my wife would be more agreeable to an oval, since they are her favorites.

Anyway, I just had to vent a little, and introduce myself. Hi, everyone! I'll be hanging around here more (hopefully a lot more when I get my oval).

Michael

Reply to
Peppzilla

Welcome