Stolen '66 Ghia coupe - Atlanta, GA

Hey guys,

Came to my attention today that my '66 Ghia coupe was stolen on Friday. Its stock, red, Georgia tag 9869APZ (Dekalb County), VIN

146454192. It's not in the best of shape, but it was one of my two drivers (my other is a '69 Bug). So for you guys in the southeast, just be on the lookout if you see or hear of one. Hopefully, the police will find it somewhere along the side of the road nearby as it only had about 2 gallons of gas in it.

Dane Tyler

Reply to
Dane Tyler

....................I'm sorry to hear that your Ghia is gone Dane. If it doesn't turn up, I'd suggest that everyone here at RAMVA take down that VIN and keep it handy, especially at the upcoming shows this year. I remember that a stolen ACVW was recovered by its owner at a VW show in the Miami area three or four years ago. If my memory is correct, it had been repainted and changed in some other cosmetic ways but not enough to fool the owner who suspected that it was his. Good luck!

BTW..............Were there any theft deterence devices installed?..........fuel shut-off, hidden kill switch, etc.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hey Dane...sorry to hear the bad news. I offer my condolences. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere close and unmolested. Tim's got a good idea about recording that VIN. Everyone should check that out if they see a Ghia for sale.

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
Ben Boyle

"Dane Tyler" wrote

Sorry to here this, Dane. If you haven't already done it, I suggest also posting this on Shoptalkforums.com and thesamba.com. Lots of eyes on those forums. Good luck.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

"Scott H" wrote

Um .. that'd be `hear' ... geez. :-/

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

..................Yeah but if there's any suspicion for any reason (an inconspicuous dent or something else that was specific to that car like a patch or welded repair inside the wheel well, etc.), there's always that VIN on the tunnel that can't so easily be changed. I don't remember for sure, but I think that the stolen bug in south Florida that I mentioned had a different VIN tag but the real owner wasn't satisfied and demanded to see the one on the tunnel. He was refused by the thief-owner who also started preparing to immediately leave the show! Fortunately, the real owner was able to get the organisers of the show to delay him long enough to give the cops a chance to get there. I'm not completely sure of my 'facts' on this incident because it was some time ago.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Ilambert