Strange Heat Riser on a '74 Super Beetle

Dual Heat Risers for the intake manifold????? First time I saw this on a Super Beetle in Chicago. Must be a California vehicle. I had to replace those intake manifold boots and when I saw the intake manifold, I wished I had my digital camera. lol I had the boots but not the heat riser gaskets. :-(

Of course I had to check out parts now to gain more info. I went to aircooled.net to check on parts and found that YES it seems to be from California.

Just wanted to share. ;-) BTW it will also need that shifter bushing.

later, One out of many daves

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

yeah, cali model...