California and non-California 1974 Super Beetle

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

I just want to know if the California 1974 Super Beetles differs from those purchased in the remaining 49 states in that the California cars have the dual risers - manifold and muffler - and the non-California cars don't.

Thank you

Reply to
azazel scratch

"I just want to know if the California 1974 Super Beetles differs from those purchased in the remaining 49 states in that the California cars have the dual risers - manifold and muffler - and the non-California cars don't. "

That's affirmative. Fortunately the cylinder head heat deflector tins and the warm air from the non-CA versions will fit. The only '1974 california only' parts that I am aware of are the rear breast tin and the pieces to cover up the preheat tubes where they attach to the muffler.

Chris

Reply to
Hal