75 SB Missing Heat Risers

75 SB, converted to 34 Pict 4 carb, single SVDA, dual port

Car is originally from CA (so I'm told). One tailpipe hooked up to catylitic converter. Noticed that the heat risers below intake manifold are cut before they would bend down to the exhaust. Is this normal? (I'm sure Speedy J would say not). I'm not even sure where I'd connect the heat risers as I see only one cutout in the tin (left side only).

Engine was rebuilt several years ago and all was working OK. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out idle problems (to check fuel starvation, new carb didn't fix anything) and highway speed drop offs...wondering if this has something to do with it.

Tom

Reply to
Bugzai

'75 was fuel injected. That engine used an entirely different heater box AND exhaust setup. It will not accomodate heat riser, which is why the PO cut them off.

Lack of heat riser will cause stumbling on acceleration, but won't cause the speed drop off or idle probs you're having.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

OK SJ...back to s=FC=E7king and =DFlowing...the SVDA that is :)

Reply to
Bugzai