Strange Switch

I have a 1969 Beetle. There is a switch to the left of the ashtray/shifting Diagram and it is under the fresh air knob. I switched it on and off to see what happens but nothing happens. Does anyone know what that switch is?

Thanks Patrick

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Patrick

Diagram and it is under the fresh air knob. I switched it on and off to see what happens but nothing happens. Does anyone know what that switch is?

That's for the rear window defroster in my 70.

That is, if I could get the damn window back in place it would be! Argh. I think the rubber seals without the chrome are tougher to fit back in. I'll try again tomorrow with some slave labor to help. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Diagram and it is under the fresh air knob. I switched it on and off to see what happens but nothing happens. Does anyone know what that switch is?

Michael has it right. The sw controls a relay under the back seat. There is a fude back there too. Diagram on my web site.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

What is a fude? It does not show up in a dictionary :)

I am sure you meant fuse.........

Diagram and it is under the fresh air knob. I switched it on and off to see what happens but nothing happens. Does anyone know what that switch is?

Reply to
Karl

Damn! It was supposed to be "feud". Jim

Diagram and it is

nothing happens. Does

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Diagram and it is

nothing happens. Does

For some reason I was thinking "fudge", now why the hell would Speedy assume he had fudge under his rear seat???

Strange mental picture that was...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg