strut springs sprung 74 Super

Driving home yesterday I heard a metalic clunk from the front end at

60mph. The car drove ok except seeming a little nose-heavy so I drove it the 40 miles home at hwy speeds. Today I jacked up the front and the spring on the drivers side has no bottom. The spring is none-functional. The wheel moves all directions a little but it still drives ok. Anyone else ever had this happen? The car leans and I think it is time to retire it. Anyone know of a quick fix? Maybe weld a new base on but how about the line up? Dennis
Reply to
Dennis Wik

After looking it over again, I guess it is unsafe to drive with the wheel hanging on one strut nut so goodby to ol' Red and hello to unfinished, unpainted, no interior, no fender, no engine but damn solid ol' Blue. I will swap all parts from Red needed to make Blue run down the road so I have a bug to run this fall and winter. I know you are all following my adventures so I will keep you posted. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik