Super Beetle Steering Wheel Assembly

Hi all,

I've picked up a stock steering wheel and horn pad from separate sources, but now I can't figure out how to assemble. How does the horn pad stay attached to the steering wheel--it seems like it ought to just "snap" onto the plastic part that covers the steering column just behind the wheel, but the springs in the pad seem to keep that from happening.

Any ideas or instructions out there?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Birdlander

Yes, the pad just snaps on. The trick is that there are "ears" molded into the plastic studs on the wheel. When you hit the pad with your fist, they should snap together. If the ears are broken (common), no snap...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim