synthetic oil

I recieved the monthly newsletter from amsoil and in it was an article from an off road racer who switched to sythetics to help the excessive wear he was getting on the engines bearings and cam. He said he could not believe the oil pressure increase and lower temperatures of the oil. He said keeping the engine cool was the way to win races with a volkswagen ac motor. He said he normally ran about 240 degrees racing but with the new oil he was running about 215 and it was staying there through the race. The reason I'm sharing this is because it is the first time I've seen anything on temperature and synthetics in actual running conditions with the ac motor. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis