tail light hook ups?

Hey all. I'm going to get my car painted fairly soon, probably with Maaco. Anyway, I'm removing the fenders to have them paint them seperately. I was advised thus, if I were going to get her painted at Maaco. How do I remove the tail light assembly without cutting any wires? Where do they "plug in?" Do they plug in? What about the headlight and turn signals? I'm in the dark on how to remove these assemblies without cutting through the wires. Lastly, for those of you who have gotten paint jobs at Maaco, did you do the final dissasembly in the parking lot?! I have to drive the car to the shop, and from the shop when she's done. How do I go about this? Thank you for any advice. ~Anthony

73 std. Beetle
Reply to
Anthony