Tank Vent Line "T"

Just broke the plastic "T" connector that branches from the 5/8" fuel hose off the filler tube. It basically disintegrated when removing a line. This is on a '74 standard beetle, fyi.

The piece is a ~16mm tube with a ~5mm intersection branching off to the vent hoses. Tried the local Napa, Autozone, and Checker, but cannot seem to locate a replacement. Anyone have a source? Maybe a brass plumbing fixture of some sort? (can't think of one that will step down that much)

Reply to
karatekid

Hiya Karate,

This tee is carried by Discount Import Parts here in Portland. If you can't manage to find it elsewhere you can give DIP a call. Find their website at

Good Hunting,

Mike

1970 AS BUg
Reply to
Bookwus1

I should have one of these if you can't find one locally. Email me directly if you need it.

-

Jim Adney

Thanks for the response all.

I've rigged a rather large brass plumbing fixture in it's place. Looks ridiculous, but the fuel smell is gone. The fitting is somewhat out of sight, so a plastic replacement won't be needed.

Thanks again.

Jim Adney wrote:

Reply to
karatekid