Tech question Gen & Reg

I'm looking in the Bentley manuals and every other place and I have still one question...

On the 12volt Generator used in my 72 bug... What is the DF wire used for? This wire goes from the Regulator DF to the Gen DF.

It does not say exactly what it is or what it does.

I'm thinking of using this Regulator with another project and I don't quite understand the use of this wire.

Is it waiting for 12volts or above on this DF before it turns on the Regulator? Or is it a 12 volt lead waiting to go to ground in the Gen?

My idea was to use this Regulator and a 20 AMP Transformer to make a nice Battery Charger with a good form of regulation.

My best reading of the Bentley manual I come up with the idea that it is the switch wire for the CUT-OUT relay in the regulator...to turn it on.

If this is so....could I put this wire to the out put of the Transformer to turn the regulator on???

Thanks for your time.

Matt

Reply to
KMA