Re: These wires are a little confusing

> Well I got my engine in today and was wondering about the wiring of this > beast (66 type 1) On my new harness I have a large red wire with a big > receptacle. It is too big for the Gen. Does it somehow go to the starter? > There is also a small brown wire next to it. What could it be for? Thank you > very much. Confused in Portland.....Bert

Push-on connector? Later 12V cars used a large push-on for the D+ GEN terminal.

Post back with this info: Is your '66 converted to 12V? Is it still 6V with the regulator mounted on top of the GEN? Is the regulator under the back seat?

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

OK. You will need to crimp a suitable ring terminal on the fat Red wire to fit your generator. The wiring from GEN to REG should look like this:

(The Red wire is the #8 gauge shown.)

You must have another wire for the DF connection. This is normally a Grn wire. I would try to pull an extra wire thru the opening in the firewall.

The Brw wire is for grounding the regulator to the Gnd terminal on the Generator.

Double check that your fat Red wire does indeed go to the Regulator.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim