The good pictures

Where did such a good illustration as

come from?

And is there such a picture for the tin bits in my 71 bus? I'm missing some bolts here and there and would like a good list of those things so I know what to buy next time I'm poking around at the local parts store.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

It's from an original VW parts ordering catalog. Yes there is one for your bus. I have one for Type 2/68 printed in 1979 which covers just about every standard part of every bus/pickup model from

1968 thru 77 - everything after split windows.

I just go by the pictures - it's got good exploded diagrams of engine, trans, wheels, body parts, carbs, everything - even your california smog shit - pumps, tubes & stuff. But I don't have the numbers/explanation guide. Every nut, bolt, gasket, spacer, washer, clamp etc

- everything is there. It's the mechanics equivalent of a "paint-by-numbers" kit.

It's been a godsend here in Asia where any (previous) mechanic seems to measure his worth by how many extra parts he can save on reassembly by not putting everything back on. The more bits he has left over, with the vehicle still driveable, the better he has done his job ???? RTFM - never - that's for people who DON'T know!

Reply to
Oldbie

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote

Try here:

Also here:
but it's UK based, so they say some things funny and put some parts onthe wrong side of the vehicle. ;o)

Reply to
Scott H

a decently organized (by category) set of these gets used throughout the wolfsburgwest.com website, they generally have each little number linked as well so you can click on it and get an image of the actual part.

the images themselves come from the old part ordering books from VW I think. They're useful for much more than that though. ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

wrote:

bus. I have one for

bus/pickup model from

[snip]

Ahhh, the good old VW parts catalog! I used to go to my VW dealer's parts counter and pester the guy there to look up this stuff on microfiche! They had it all on microfiche, and I often wondered how much it would cost me to assemble an entire Bug out of parts from the dealer's parts catalog! Hee hee!

I spent way too much on way too many genuine VW parts, back in the day circa 1980's. My VW dealer could still get a lot of those parts in the

80's. Not for my early 1964 T2 unfortunately, but most all my other VWs of later years.
Reply to
John Kuthe

Jeepers -- where does fellow go to get one????

[snip - including rant]
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

They can be found online, but I cannot remember where at the moment... Have a rather large link collection...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

J.

Ps, Try this:

J.

Reply to
BergRace

I borrowed and photocopied mine from a VW parts dealer 10 years ago

Reply to
Oldbie

wrote:

You really know how to dash a fellow's dreams, don't you?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Bugarama?

Reply to