Total Beginner Painting Question

The Wonderbus's ashtray facade is pretty funky -- a couple holes in the paint with rust peeking through, and the shift pattern is worn off. What's the easy and good way to remove the old paint so I can refinish it?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Braukuche

Reply to
Kafertoys

Over this side of the pond you can get new stickers for the shift pattern. Item # 111-000-000 halfway down the page

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Which will do you absolutely no good if you go to the store and grab the first bottle you see and miss the tiny label that says "non-acetone". :)

Kidd

What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

I didn't know they made "non-acetone" nail polish remover, can't see it working as well as good old paint thinner....lol

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Heh. You probably don't have a teenage daughter. We have learned much about nail polish removers in the Squirrel household.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)" KG6RCR
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

My FLVWPS has 'em, too. Need to put some kind of protective coating over the decal, to avoid scratching. Something satin and not glossy, if my original ash tray's finish is any indication.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)" KG6RCR
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

They have to make non-acetone for the women with acrylic nails. The acetone obviously eats off the glassy finish and will destroy the nails. Acetone is what you use when you want to soak the fake ones off. So there's your girly lesson for the week, boys. Could come in handy one day... in case you decide to turn drag queen or something. Or you can use the info to impress your woman. ;)

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

I used to BE someone's teenager daughter. My kid is 2, and can't see a bottle of nail polish without wanting her nails painted. Which is very messy on a 2 year old..... Hey, why don't you geniuses develop an instant-dry polish? You'd be rich!

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

On 30 Sep 2004 17:44:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) scribbled this interesting note:

It might come in handy for you as well since we know who you sleep with and he just might take a fancy to those kinds of things!:~)

John Willis

Ha ha. You guys are so mean. I have yet, in 5 years, to ever see Jan with polish on his nails. Not that I've never dated a guy who did polish his nails.... black......

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

...........Who told you that we're geniuses?

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I'm sorry. My mistake. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. :D

Kidd What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this shit..."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Yea, to impress your woman... all you need to do, is ask her "baby, are those fake or real?"

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

"Baby, do those come off with acetone?"

Reply to
Michael Cecil

On his real nails or on the fake ones?

Reply to
Shaggie

how about "nearly instant"?...been done....we call it "Krylon"...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Hey now!

:D