Trick for swollen inner brake hoses

those flexible rubber hoses that run to the wheel, swell up inside and tho the brakes may go on, they don't release. How to tell, the brakes get hot! my trick is to saw them off at the rubber /metal end. and use a deep socket wrench to loosen them. works like a charm. esp. at the junction block in the rear.

Reply to
Viet Vet

100% true. I would not even try an open wrench on them if the hose (or hard line) is getting replaced, you just risk rounding off the nut. Cut it first, then you can get a snug fitting 6-point deep socket on it.
Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
John