type3 trans question.

It has an auto and we thought of buying it and converting to a 4 speed.Do they all come with the clutch tube ? Is this a really horrible job to do?

Reply to
BananaRepublican

To the best of my knowledge none of the type 3 AT pans came with the clutch tube. Others have reported that some of them did, but I've hear of no confirmed sightings, and none in the US.

Installing the tube would be a fairly major job. I have several AT type 3s that are going to remain ATs precisely for this reason.

-

Jim Adney

Well, what about an hydraulic clutch? U know a slave cyclinder on the tranny to move the lever. I think they make kits for dune buggies. would that work?

Reply to
BananaRepublican

I don't know if anyone makes one that works with the stock pedal cluster. It's possible. If they do, that would be a good solution.

My impression is that the hydraulic clutches are all for dune buggies or sand rails where you're making your own pedal assy. anyway.

-

Jim Adney