Brazilian taillight lenses

I bough a set of taillight assemblies. They were Brazilian. They didn't fit very well. I figured they were still better than the decaying stuff I had, so I made 'em fit. I used my good German lense on one side, the new Brazilian one on the other. In two years, the Brazilian yellow lense has almost totally lost its color and the red was never anywhere near the 25 year old German one! Yesterday I built a new one using parts of a new Brazilian one (the bottome corner of my German lense was broken) and most of the German one. Some CA plastic glue and some epoxy for a smooth fillet and it's on there looking as good as the other one! Amazing how MUCH better the old German stuff is than the brand new Brazilian! -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

I bought a Brazillian muffler once.

If anyone has an exhaust manifold which is two full inches off on the left side, let me know. I will make you a fantastic deal! I guess it wasn't a complete waste of money. As thin as it is, I could probably flatten it out and wrap sandwhiches in it.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

"Ray Dios Haque" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

That is a mistake I will never make twice.

Reply to
cloud8