Update: 71 Super Auctostick

I started my car up once with the screwdriver at the starter trick. But when I try it doesn't seem to want to start. Thw starter turns over. I installed the Hard Start relay. Still need to screw down one wire. I am guessing the ground. I just have it done with a nail in a ruist spot. But I am replacing my extra luggage area as it is rusted out. After installing the kit. I turned the key and pushed the button and she fired right up. I drover her a little in the back yard then cut her of. I tried to start her up but nothing. I turned her off and just barely pressed on the nail and she fired right up. I backed her under the carport and turned her off. Then I tried to crank her up again and she fired right up. So glad I got her where she will fire up now.

Will take her back to my mechanic soon to get the Ingnation were I don't have to use the button and sort out a short in the wiring. But I think my next step is going to be having the floor pans welded in. Only thing is when I talked to the local guy at R&K Welding last year about doing my other bug (Never got around to doing it Still have the floor pans which I may used on my new one). he prefered the body being off of it. I'm not taking the body off this one. Is it still farily simple to install with the body on it?

Thanks for all the help. This car is starting to come together.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87