Van Window Needed

Someone broke into my grandson's '76 Westy yesterday and stole his cell phone and a lady friend's video cam. The thief broke out the driver side door window so I'm looking for a new piece of door glass. This is the first time we've had to replace any of the glass so I don't know anything about the availability of such an item on a vehicle that old. Is there anyplace that you would recommend to aquire a new/used window? Any idea what it should cost to replace the glass? I'll be doing the installation myself, with my grandson's help, of course, so the price of the glass is probably going to be my only cost. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. Jerry

PS Anybody here on the list have a driver side door glass that they are looking to sell? Let me know what you've got and how much you want for it. Thanks again. jj

Reply to
Jerry

Start with local scrap yards. Glass from '68 to '79 should fit. The local guys can alert other yards on their 'net.

It's a bit of a pain to install; might want to have the Bentley Manual nearby.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I have a few, where are you ? My 20 is Northern California. snipped-for-privacy@humboldt1.com "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution." Emma Goldman

Reply to
cyber

Reply to
ilambert

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

So what am I supposed to do once I get to

I went there but I couldn't find any reference to what I need. jj

Reply to
Jerry

I didn't do a search there, but maybe ac.net doesn't carry those windows. Did you see the other replies? A local junkyard, like Jim said, would be easiest .... and `cyber' said they had some they'd sell.

Otherwise, you might try here:

hth

Reply to
Scott H

Sorry jj. I knew they had windshields, thought they may have side windows also. Good luck