"Volkswagen vindicated by its new Rabbit"

Volkswagen vindicated by its new Rabbit When practically everybody in the car business abandoned hatchbacks as if they were infected with some sort of bird flu, Volkswagen stubbornly stuck to the design with its Golf. at

Mike

Michael Cecil

We're not necessarily fans of the Volkswagen company but just of the cars they used to make. Volkswagen Of America has basically abandoned us so why would we care about them?

Reply to
Remco

WOW And do I feel a little hostility here? lol

Wasn't the Type 3 the first VW that had a hatchback? Think of all other VWs as either children or cousins of the air-cooled vehicles. ;-) Does VW still make any air-cooled engines?

After air-cooled VWs, there were no other GREAT, perfect, but simple cars and ..........VW broke the mold! lol Herbie will live forever!!!!!!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

You're being nice. VW is only nice to us when they want to market their products. I've gotten used to driving all kinds of different cars as there is absolutely no way I'd ever buy a new VW. Not only did they abandon us, they tried to kill off the shops that support us too. Screw them. Andy

63 Camper
Reply to
Andy