New Rabbit TDI

Does VW have plans to bring back the TDI in the new Rabbit?

Reply to
higgledy

Look for an array of new TDI models starting in 2008.

Bryan K. Walton

Let's hope so although AFAIK so far it's confirmed for the Jetta and not necessarily the Rabbit. I do hope VW will put the Rabbit on the diesel bandwagon though because I'd totally take one.

Reply to
Matt B.

Wait, VW is coming out with a new 2008 Golf? Is the Rabbit gone again?

Reply to
higgledy

no it'll still be the rabbit. that article showed the european model.

Reply to
Matt B.

"Matt B." wrote in news:0MNWh.265404$6P2.217925 @newsfe16.phx:

But is the TDI coming to America and will it be legal in all states

Reply to
skip

TDI has been confirmed for the Jetta but not for the Rabbit. It (Jetta TDI) will be 50-state legal. It's mostly a question of if VWoA wants to put it in the Rabbit.

Reply to
Matt B.

I don't understand why VW won't put a diesel in the Rabbit, maybe a Rabbit w/ a Diesel would price it out of it's segment?

Reply to
higgledy

What I'm hoping is in an upcoming (soon) model year VW will take the 5 cyld block in the Rabbit and make a diesel out of it.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico