voltage conversion 12v to 6v

I was forutnate enough to find a bug with an unmolested dash. Complete with original radio 6v.

Is this what I want to make it work in my 12v bug?

This was all I could find in a quick google search. I couldn't find anything modern that would fit in the original radio opening.

I guess I should keep the original AM and stick a modern radio/XM radio/CD/DVD/plasma screen/xbox (hehe) in the golve compartment. Both working of course.

Thanks,

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan and Colleen Wooten