VW clutch disk (size) identification, by part number?

trying to determine if the clutch disk below would work on a 67 to 70 beetle. I kinda suspect not, because its outer diameter (180? 200?) might be wrong or maybe the 'center config' of it is wrong 'for my needs'.

It's my understanding I gotta use kind of a 'special case' pressure plate, one that only fits 67 to 70 bugs, because of the throwout bearing/fork/center tranny outer 'stud' situation, right?

pressure plate 211 141 0258

thanks for cluing me in ;-)

Reply to
bill yohler

Incorrect P/N. Last figure is a letter. Anyway, that's a pressure plate, not a clutch disc.

The pressure plate for '67 to '70 is: 311 141 025E (200mm) The disc is: 311 141 031D

If you look on my web site: "6V/12V conversion", there are pics of the pressure plates and matching T/O bearing. (You're not doing a 12V conversion, but the pics are there...)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

thanks jim/much appreciated :-)

Reply to