Part Identification Help.

The ignition/light switch on Daisy (1957 Srs1) has given up the fight and now I need a replacement. I have removed the one that is in and in order to get the replacement I need to know what the fitted is from ,as I don't think it is a Srs 1 bit.

There is a number on the side of the switch but this doesn't register with any online shops as it and old item ,if anybody could trace the number forward to get its modern eqivilent I would be eternaly greatfull. That is assuming that it is a part number!!

The number is 31270F 5 63.

-- Your help is, as always, greatfully receved. Rory Manton

1957 109 Series One, Daisy 1965 Series 11 SWB GS , Rose.
Reply to
Rory Manton

Our 54-58 catalogue suggests the switch part No. is 239570 and the barrel lock in the centre is 59895

Reply to
Niamh Holding
31270 is the Lucas part number - 5 63 is the month and year of manufacture.

Alex wrote:

Reply to
Dougal

Any chance of a picture?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Alex at snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk wrote on 19/7/04 21:09:

Sorry , I havn't got the capabillityto post pictures as my digital camera wont download on the iMac. Gods I hate 'puters....

Reply to
Rory Manton

Memory card reader rather than a direct download?

Reply to
David G. Bell

in article snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk, "David G. Bell" at snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk wrote on 20/7/04 12:57:

Camera to wire to 'puter thats all I know , it ,the 'puter won't recognise that a device ( camera ) is connected. Worked once and not since!!!

Reply to
Rory Manton

I don't know much about Mac stuff, but pretty well any decent camera uses removable memory cards, and readers are available which will let the computer connect to the card. The camera writes the images to the card in a similar way to data on a floppy disc.

One aspect I imagine is the same is ensuring that your machine's operating system can work with the reader.

You maybe should check for the most recent driver for your camera/operating-system combination.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Having stripped and rebuilt the light/ignition switch and spent "many a happy hour" trying to get the thing to work I have discovered that it might not be the switch after all just a loose/broken wire from the main regulator (?) to the back of the voltmeter on the dash.Well that what seems to cause it to cut out when I wiggle it about.

Reply to
Rory Manton