belt size or part number help

im removeing the smog pump(shhhh) and the ac system on my 88 5.0 and need to know the belt size...i know i can get it by useing a string but i thought id ask..and besides the point my store is next to a auto value..any help appretiated. thanks russ

Reply to
stew

"stew" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I'm running a Goodyear Gatorback belt that bypasses only the smog pump (the a/c & p/s are still running); it's p/n 4060835. HTH.

Joe

measure the best you can,then get that size plus 1 each smaller/larger size belt, install the one that fits best, save the part number and return the others. It's like going to the hardware store, first get what you think you need,then go directly back and get what works. LOL

Reply to
winze