VWoA shines again :)

I just tried to order a filter oil pump for a mexican 1600 beetle through a local VW dealer in Orlando. I had part numbers and all. He tells me he is really sorry, my part numbers are valid and all, but VWoA will not ALLOW him to order the parts for me and no dealership will have them in the US, because the mexican made beetles were never imported into USA. So.. the parts are available and everyone knows where and whan numbers, but the corporate will not LET us get them. That's customer service! He suggested I call directly to a dealership in Mexico and order them from there.

I'm waiting for a reply from Aircooled.net where I see something like that listed on the site :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

MMm. There was a better solution some time back, think it was a stock part too. The filter sat inside the enginebay, sort of an oilcooler adapter with a filter attachment. Did you ever see one of those?

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Thanks for the heads-up, Jan.

And here is to John C, aircooled.net for being there for the rest of us.

Reply to
John Stafford

Not quite like that. Any links to one?

Reply to
John Stafford

I think there's a guy on the Samba that sells Mexican VW parts direct. Dont' have his name off the top of my head, but it seemed like he had a bunch of ads in the classifieds... maybe he can be found in the feedback forum over there? Anthony Tejas, or something like that?

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, VWOA can eat my shit. I wouldn't ever even dream of buying a new, overpriced, Mercedes/BMW wannabe POS that Volkswagen is manufacturing today, especially in light of how they've shit on the air-cooled VW hobby.

Reply to
bugnut68

Nope, afraid not. Don't have any details, might have been a Brazilian built beetle, I don't know..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Thank You!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Not so sure, Hotmail reply addy...

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

he replied to me and it seems he has sent parts to Finland before, has a customer in the same city I used to live in for a while. Shipping quote was very reasonable. This pump would go to Finland.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You can always look at his feedback on The Samba. It can be found here:

I didn't look at each and every post in that thread, but from what I skimmed it looked like Antonio Trejo had essentially 5 pages of positive feedback. Based on that I would feel reasonably comfortable ordering from him. Some may be confusing him with an outfit called "Beetle Mex" that was also attempting to sell stuff from the VW Mexico factory, but if I recall correctly Beetle Mex had issues and I don't think they are still around. As nearly as I can tell Antonio Trejo is not affiliated with Beetle Mex.

In any case, Antonio Trejo's feedback speaks for itself. I would encourage anyone thinking of ordering from him to read his feedback thread carefully and form their own opinion.

Just to be clear, I've never ordered anything personally from Antonio and I have no connection to him whatsoever.

Rusty

Reply to
Rusty Shackelford