Brazilian Kombis

I've just discovered that the Type 2 Kombi is still being manufactured in Brazil. I did a rough currency conversion and concluded that a new one costs about $14500 AU. Beetles UK

are importing them to the UKand selling them for about 10000 pound (25,597.16 AUD). Does it cost$11000 AUD to import them? Does anyone know what would be involved in importing one to Australia? I am travelling through South America at the end of this year and I'm thinking I might buy one (fulfill my dream of owning a brand new one). But I can't find much info about bringing one home. I'm wondering if it'd be a stupid thing to attempt. Maybe it'd be more rewarding to just fix up my current baby.

Has any one got any opinions, ideas or additional info?

Luke

Reply to
Luke Rohde

Ben Boyle

As far as I know the quality of the brazillian ACVW were not as good as the mexican, not to mention the german. Think about it because together with the shipping costs it may turn into a bad invstment.

Luke Rohde wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

Reply to
Ben Boyle

than 90% of the used Bay Windows out

I've driven one! Drive really well, and to be honest, the quality is pretty good too. Shouldn't be anything to worry about if you look after it.

Devon campervan conversions are sold (in LHD format) by Beetles UK at around UK £16,000. Yikes!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

better than 90% of the used Bay Windows out

Reply to
Ben Boyle