VWT 9/03 editorial

I know that "volkswoman" gets criticized on this ng on occassion, and I admit I typically don't read the editorials except maybe Bill Collins, but I
read volkswoman's editorial piece when VWT came in the mail today and she absolutely hit the nail on the head when it comes to why I love my VW so much. It is such a de-stresser, especially here inside the Capitol Beltway. Yeah, I typically only drive my oval on the weekends and on back roads or a quick trip to the office (a whopping 2 miles) or the store, but it is such a joy to drive and driving a 47 year old car makes me have to anticipate every possible bone headed move the road warriors make. Great piece! - DB
In Ryan's column in the same issue, he was talking about how many VWs that people have, and was having a contest to see who owns the most VWs. I guess that Lauren (VW Girl) would probably be the winner of that contest if she enters it. I am probably in the minority in only owning One VW. How many VWs does everyone own?
Bill Berckman 67 Beetle Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/65271125OySKDA VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH http://www.geocities.com/billberckman/cincyshow.html
.......zero...... .....do I win?....do I win?.....<s>
Sneaks

guess
VWs
who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Wow. Do they all run? What's a bbq bus? Yeah, where does he park them? Why does he have so many?

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja... http://bugadventures.dyndns.org Hate corrodes the vessel that carries it.
who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Yes. :-) Gotta do it again soon. Here a safety inspection means check:
horn (does it honk) brakes (can you stop the car with the brake pedal) headlights/tail-lights/brake lights turn signals parking brake
My car had trouble last year with the horn cuz they couldn't find the horn button, the tail-light because it only works after you smack it with your first, and at first they wanted to check the "cadillac convertor" and emissions stuff.
-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja... http://bugadventures.dyndns.org Hate corrodes the vessel that carries it.
oil problem that i had?
....wasn't me ;p
wrote:

but
intact
there
I've
other
property
then
walking
the
so
flowers
Oh weird my newsgroups are set up as my dads name at home, better change that.
And I had completely forgotten about the oil problem. It was a seal somewhere so we went and bought the seal and fixed it. It took him all afternoon and he was hot and gross. Then we took her home to his shop and she's sitting until he can find the time to put the new engine we got in her. All that drama for nothing, he was just mad because he was having a bad day.

Four. '60 Ghia '60 Ragtop '66 Bug 'vert '68 Westfalia. All either restored or in the process and all together cost less than a new SUV. --Dan E
Two Super Beetles and one Puma (from Brazil)
href="http://community.webtv.net/weewiktype1/Dens1978Puma ">Den's 1978 Puma</a>
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) wrote:

73 Squareback in need of minor work 77 Westie hard top daily driver 77 Westie pop top still in WI 1.5 years after I left, with a slack mechanic still (probably not) trying to find the reason it always stalls on steep hills 73 and 70 Fastbacks hopefully soon to be combined into 70 Fastback and improved 73 Squareback, but currently far from drivable
On 24 Jul 2003 19:26:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) wrote:

Do fractions count?
On 24 Jul 2003 19:26:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

well Bill, i'm there(their?) with you....i scrapped out two last year from my yard, so i'm down to one...been a *long* time since i only had one... J
"Bill Berckman" wrote

I don't really count my parts car so I'll just say I've got one. Did you decide to keep your '67, Bill?
-- Scott '72 Super
Scott wrote:

Kept it because nobody in their expensive trucks and SUV's wanted to pay $2900 for it.
Bill Berckman 67 Beetle Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/65271125OySKDA VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH http://www.geocities.com/billberckman/cincyshow.html
three complete, plus one rolling pan.
Jan
Bill Berckman wrote:

1.65879 8~)
-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama http://vdubbs64.tripod.com Email - vdubbs at highstream dot net 64 Bug Rauchen ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

guess
VWs
Bill Berckman wrote:

Bill-- only one now... but I've had about 30 of 'em thru the years. pete
'62 bug convert
One !!
Rob.
--