What are these part numbers?

Hi,

I'm getting a type-1 long block setup and am lost trying to find a couple parts for the cooling tin stuff.

What's the part# for the air deflectors (both right and left) that's right above the thermostat snapped into the head cooling fins? The one the thermostat rod goes through? The silver one, not the black one.

What's the part# for the tin bit mounted on the oil cooler?

Thanks.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

If you can find a genuine 'hoover bit' see if you can snag one for me too. ;) I've searched high and low for that damn thing.

I ended up making one out of angle aluminum using dale mueller's drawing a couple years ago. Thankfully this is one of those pieces that you can fabricate locally without too much trouble.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

I do not know that that piece is available seperate from the head. It does not appear in any VW parts book.

The 'Hoover bit' is part number 113 117 321 but it has not been available for years!

Reply to
Karl

Thanks guys. I guess I'll fab the deflectors and maybe that hoover bit, too.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Found your reference:

David Gravereaux

appear in any VW

Someone told me to use (Brazilian) VWB-040-101-4951, but can't claim any accuracy on that info.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Do you mean the thermo bracket? (113 119 151 A/B/?).

Reply to
Olli Lammi